The Equip for Equality website is designed to be easy to use and accessible to the most people possible, including people with disabilities. If you experience a problem with a page or have any concerns related to accessibility, please fill out our website feedback form.
Detailed below are some highlights of the site's accessibility features.
At the time of this writing, November 30, 2004, every page on the Equip for Equality website is:
- Bobby Worldwide AAA Approved, based on compliance with the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Section 508 approved, complying with all of the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines.
- Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict and Valid CSS code based on the W3C Validator.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on a web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key.
All pages on this website utilize the following access keys:
- Access key H - Home page
- Access key A - About Us
- Access key S - Programs & Services
- Access key N - News
- Access key C - Publications
- Access key R - Resource Center
Text Size and Contrast
Relative font sizes are used throughout the site. This means that you can adjust the text size to be larger or smaller in your browser settings.
This website also features a built-in text size and contrast switcher, located just below the "Resource Center" button. You can increase the size of the text, and also switch to a high-contrast version. Once you choose a setting, your setting will work across the site, and even will be saved for when you return to the Equip for Equality website.