Join our Pro Bono Attorney and Law Student Initiative
Pro bono work changes lives
Join our pro bono attorney initiative to make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities in all aspects of their lives: education, employment, choice on how and where they live, freedom from discrimination and freedom from abuse.
Types of pro bono opportunities available
We have pro bono opportunities that range from bite-size opportunities of a few hours, such as Helpline telephone assistance, from the comfort of your own office, to work on complex class actions. Our robust opportunities come in a variety of time commitments, complexities, topic areas, professional growth, as well as personal satisfaction. No matter which opportunity you select, know that you will be making an invaluable impact on the life of a person with a disability. Read our document, Overview of EFE Pro Bono Opportunities (Word Document), for more specific information.
Opportunities for law students and law school graduates too
We also have opportunities for law students and graduates to assist our legal advocacy efforts in a variety of ways:
- Special Education Clinic: Assist children with disabilities with obtaining the education and support they need
- Independent Monitoring Unit: Assist with investigating abuse and neglect of people with disabilities, providing individual assistance and advocating for systemic change.
- Civil Rights Team: Assist with our representation of people with disabilities on issues such as discrimination, community integration and self-determination.
Support provided by Equip for Equality
If you decide to volunteer, be assured that we provide support throughout the duration of your work with us. We offer Continuing Legal Education (CLE) trainings in the convenience of your offices, written materials and handbooks, shadowing opportunities with our own staff attorneys, and a primary contact person to work with you throughout the pro bono opportunity. You will have our full support and guidance to ensure a meaningful and successful pro bono experience.
Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to having you assist us to meet the legal needs of people with disabilities. For more information, please contact:
Vice President of Pro Bono
- Fill out our short online form to Contact Us about Pro Bono Opportunities and Volunteering
- Check out our Employment Opportunities page
- Sign up for our newsletter
Last updated: August 04, 2021