COVID-19 and People with Disabilities
While our offices are closed to protect staff and clients, we are continuing to provide legal services and self-advocacy assistance through our phone lines, TTY, and email during normal business hours. Our teams are working remotely so we can continue to operate and serve clients. If you have a case with Equip for Equality, your attorney is staying on top of it.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 response policy or how it may affect services, please reach out to us via phone (Toll Free 800-537-2632; TTY 800-610-2779) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Know Your Rights During the Coronavirus Epidemic
People with disabilities may be more vulnerable to the impacts of COVID-19 as many have health complications, rely on school-based supports, live in group settings, or depend on care staff for support. Even during a crisis, people with disabilities have the right to be productive, independent and successful in all aspects of their lives. If you have questions about your legal rights during this time, please contact us.
We will update this page as new information becomes available.
- COVID-19 Information By and For People with Disabilities (English)
- COVID-19 Information By and For People with Disabilities (Spanish)
- Disability Discrimination in Accessing Care During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 Resource Page
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services – Essential Health Benefit Coverage and the Coronavirus
What We’re Doing
Letters to the Governor
- Prospect of Rationing Life-Sustaining Treatment During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Demanding Early Release of Prisoners Due to Coronavirus
Last updated: March 30, 2020