FAQ Full Page
How do I reach the Helpline?
Call our toll-free Helpline at 1-844-RIGHTS-9 (844-744-4879) or email us.
You can also complete this client questionnaire and return it to us.
How can the Helpline help me?
Our Helpline staff can:
- Discuss your rights under the ADA
- Answer your employment rights questions
- Assist with reasonable accommodation requests
- Help you understand your options
- Share fact sheets, sample letters and forms
- Provide referrals
- Offer other assistance as needed
What should I expect when I call the Helpline?
Here’s what you should know when calling the Employment Rights Helpline:
- Our Helpline staff will try to talk to you right away. If we can’t take your call, you should leave a message and we will return your call within three working days.
- We will ask you some background questions so we can figure out how to help you.
- Initial calls with our Helpline staff usually last from 30 minutes to one hour.
- If you are calling about someone else, such as a friend or family member, we will need to talk directly to the individual with a disability before providing legal advice.
- If the assistance you get from our Helpline is not successful and you need further help, we may be able to provide additional legal representation. However, we only offer these services in limited cases and only if we have available resources.
Review our Cases We Handle page for information about the specific types of issues we deal with and cases we handle.
Last updated: August 03, 2018