- Council of Parents Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA): A national organization connecting parents and parent-side professionals through listservs, resources and training.
- Wrightslaw: Special education advocacy website.
Government special education resources
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE): Information about Illinois schools, learning standards, teachers, etc.
- Parents’ Rights Guide to Special Education (English version)
- Parents’ Rights Guide to Special Education (En Español)
- U.S. Department of Education: Information about IDEA, including tutorials on various subjects.
- Office for Civil Rights (OCR): The U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights homepage.
- What Works Clearinghouse: U.S. Department of Education’s Institute initiative that evaluates teaching methods and publishes information on what instruction is effective for students with disabilities.
Disability specific resources
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- View our Special Education Helpline page
- View our Special Education Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page
- Donate to our Equality for Kids Fund
- Get legal help
Last updated: October 11, 2021