Rights Information by Topic Area
Choose one of our common topic areas below to get a list of our resource documents related to that area.
- Abuse & Neglect
- Community Integration
- Criminal Justice
- Financial Benefits (including Social Security)
- Misuse of Restraint & Seclusion
- Rights in Institutions
- Special Education
Your Rights as a Person with a Disability
Visit this page to view our presentation called, You Be the Judge: Your Everyday Rights, The ADA and You.” This presentation gives an overview of your rights as a person with a disability. It has information about the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) with everyday examples relating to employment rights, voting rights and transportation rights.
Disability Rights Trainings
Learn about our Training Institute, which offers disability-rights trainings to help people with disabilities and their families become better advocates for their rights. Use the links below to find out about our specific training topics and how to request or attend a training.
- Disability Rights Trainings
- Request an In-Person Training
- Events Calendar (monthly view / listing view)
Use our Online Trainings to learn about your rights, hear advice from attorneys, and get answers to your questions. Here are the online training topics we currently have:
- Transition Plan: Learn about and plan for your future after high school for getting a job, going to college or trade school, and living on your own. You can also create your own transition plan, print it and take your plan to your next IEP meeting.
- Discipline (School Disciplinary Actions): Learn about your rights when suspended, expelled, sent home, sent to an alternative school, and disciplined for other school misconduct.
ADA Information for Businesses, Employers & Government
Through our Illinois ADA Project, we help educate Illinois businesses and organizations about the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). We offer trainings through our webinar series, audio conferences and in person. We also answer questions to specific ADA questions on our Illinois ADA Project’s website and Telephone Hotline 877-ADA-3601.
Publications by Equip for Equality
We’ve published several items, such as investigative reports, legislative summaries, and handbooks. Our publications are free. Go to our Publications by Equip for Equality page for more information.
Resource Guide for People with Disabilities
Find information about the seemingly countless disability-related services available in Illinois. It’s all in one comprehensive Disability Resource Guide (PDF).
Keep up with EFE related events! We have monthly consortium meetings, periodic trainings and other activities throughout the year. Check out our Events Calendar (in calendar view) for information about specific events. (You can also view our Events Calendar in listing view instead of calendar view.)
Last updated: April 09, 2021